Sunday, October 12, 2008

What about...?

Lets see, a little about myself. My name is Jackie and I am a student at a local community college in California. I am in my early 20s and try to be pretty active, however I just cant break away from the great world of prime time television shows. It all started this summer when I had knee surgery and was 'forced' to break into my DVD collection and learn to use my DVR. I may not be a paid critic or a journalist but I feel that I have a lot to say about these shows that I have newly come to love and truly enjoy.
For example, Greys Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Madmen, True Blood, and Brothers and Sisters are definitely some of my favorites but the list can go on and on. Who could resist the diverse selection of a crazy lifestyle of doctors working in Seattle Grace Hospital, the dramatic stories of the women living of Wisteria Lane, Vampires "coming out of the coffin" in the South, or a view of what life was like in an advertisement agency in the 1960s for us youngsters. I love that I can take the time to sit down, relax, and sink into a world that is not my own.
I never miss an episode of any of these shows thanks to my wonderful DVR that I recently attained and I think everyone should have at least one show that they should be watching. In the time that these shows are airing, all of you who watch are able to escape from the everyday 'mumbo-jumbo' that causes our stressed out society and an opportunity to enjoy a different (and possibly completely unrealistic) perspective. That break from our own reality is what propels all of us through the hectic work (or school) week! Let me tell you that with all of the papers, labs, and math problems I go though during the week the only thing I wanna do is get a break.
My goal is to post a general background or summary of these shows and their websites so that everyone viewing my wonderful blog (no sarcasm noted) can have a look into some of the seasons best shows from someone who is unbiased and opinionated. Some of these shows have been airing for several seasons and are neck deep in drama and story lines. I cant wait to share with you MY point of view. Get ready because this is gonna be fun!

No comments: